The activity of the Valli begins in Como in the early twentieth century and arrives to crown over a century of success with the opening in 2016 of the new, elegant store near Teatro Alla Scala.
In Como, during the early twentieth century, the young Angelo Valli joins Bruni, until Fermo, Angelo’s brother, returns home from America at the end of the First World War. With ambition and a touch of madness, the three partners relaunched the business, reaching a total of twelve branches in 1930, two of which in Milan, one of them in the central Via Santa Margherita. With the death of Bruni, Fermo also reduced his activity, which passed into the hands of his two sons Luigi and Emilio. The first inherits the management of the shops of Southern Italy with the wording “Fermo Valli”, the second those of the North calling themselves “Tessilvalli”. On the death of Emilio, Luigi takes over everything, manages to bring the brand back into fashion and under the name of father Fermo brings together all the Valli stores. His son Gianfermo joined the workshop in 1974, which he still manages after more than forty years of career, in which he also gloriously reopened in Milan, taking over the windows of the famous “Black and White” in Corso Venezia in 1989. The place changed the teaches in Valli Tessuti Alta Moda in 2001 with the transfer to via San Pietro all’Orto. From 2016 the new headquarters is in Via Verdi, next to Teatro Alla Scala, where Federica, Valli’s fourth generation, also works. Original designs, with polka dots, optical, speckled, ideal for pret à porter models, but also lace, georgette and chiffon for elegant dresses to wear at night or for a ceremony, and then fabrics inspired by the Orient, embroidered, with floral designs, sequins and beads.