Historic pastry shop famous for its coffee and exclusive wine shop with more than 1350 labels: here is a delicious combination, for tastings among true connoisseurs.
In the heart of the historic city center among the sturdy 17th century houses renovated near Piazza Santa Maria, there is the historic pastry shop of Osvaldo De Tomasi, founded by his maternal grandfather in the distant 1930. At the beginning it had only two rooms, until, at the end of the guerra, moved to its current location, where it installed one of the first electric ovens and a mixer driven by a pulley motor. In 1959, following the sudden death of his intrepid grandfather, Osvaldo’s father took over the business with his wife, bringing the place to a rapid success. Osvaldo helps from an early age
his parents after school and, having overcome the working period in a local bank, he definitively dedicated himself to the shop, renovated in 1998 to which he added in 2002 the Oscar Enoteca, a real icing on the cake of the pastry shop, with very high quality wines from Worldwide. Today it holds and mixes more than 1350 great labels, managed together with his daughter Silvia, who enthusiastically represents the fourth generation. The combination of wines and desserts is highly appreciated by historical customers who know they can find the best in quality and tradition. Like the Ciupèti of almonds browned in honey and dipped in chocolate, or the Pazientini of Nonno Pierino, or the Risotu and Luganiga which imitates in a sweet version the typical dish of the Bustocca tradition. It goes without saying that for every delight to eat there is the perfect match with the label from the cellar.